Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

HPV and Gardasil

Smile
Slowly, it's a truth 
<<<<< They have been involved and be the part of my life. They're Threekies members (POST), but sometimes, we'd have girls talk, not to say we don't included the another 3 guys. But, four of us do live near, too. *giggle* 

So, what should I called'em in my blog? Confidant? Bosom Friends? Intimate Friends? BFFs? Noh, I feel corny, more than 10 years' friendship need not any call in order to show off, to keep or to hold tight the friendship. Everything deep down will know. Well, I always feel it that way. 

Once upon a time (actually it's only happened last month), we met and don't know how we linked into this HPV and Gardasil topic. One of us is a nurse, guess? *LOL* Well, we had made-decision where under her (the nurse) "leadership" and arrangements for the injection, we had our gardasil injection in last Saturday, but, do it separately, I mean we had injection in the different time same day. 

I think most of people doesn't noob like me, does heard about this Gardasil injection. Surprisingly, I don't know until I get known from them and have this injection right after know this information not more than 2 weeks.

Well, I believe some of you did know about it, but, still haven't have the injection, am I right? Anyway, nothing gonna stop to share the important information.
The Fact: what you should know about HPV, cervical cancer and genital warts. 
But, P/S: I will only picked some slide (Total 23 slides) that I feel it's important to share out, no point if I copy and paste everything down into my blog, right. If you really interested and want to know more, click here: Tools to share, to find out.

So, Let's started.

1. What is Human Papillomavirus (HPV)?!


2. Who gets HPV? Beware, HPV infects both women n men!!!

3. What diseases can be caused by HPV?


4. How can you help protect yourself?


GARDASIL is given as 3 injections over 6 months, example:
First dose of injection: 31/3/2012
Second dose of injection: 30/5/2012
Third dose of injection: 30/9/2012


If you have any common question to ask, you can click here: Common Question Answers.

For me, I more concern about side effect, because my body is kind of frail and sick.So,

Spotted the rectangle? Yeah, I've those symptoms appeared. But, no worries, doctor said it's common side effects. Unless you get redness and swell badly.

Regards
Karen.

44 comments:

  1. Thanks for this informative post. Usually I do not even think about any type of vaccine until it has been around for at least 5 years. Also, I am outside of the beneficial age group you have listed here. However, getting this information out there was a great idea, for there are a lot of people in that age group that are very unfamiliar with this. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, Doctor mentioned this injection is available to any age of both women and men, so I think might be have a try to ask and take this injection? :) And, thanks for your compliment :)

      Delete
  2. Very informative post. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very informative and useful post, especially to us the ladies! Good job~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog u have....
    Thanks for visiting n good information... Shall pass it to my friends
    Shall add u into my blog list....
    Happy week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant sharing. Am glad that you put this up for those who have not heard of it or read up about it.

    I had my shots and luckily did not get any of the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good to heard that, the other 3 of my friends did not get any side effects, too. They can just move freely like normal after few hours. But, Me, T.T.

      Delete
  6. thanks for the information! hmm, is this the one that government would sponsor the injections?

    Latest: How Hot can You Take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm not really sure about it. I took in private clinic, the only thing I know is, the more ppl take this injection all tgt the cheaper. But, my cousin who only 13 years old had taken in her school as government was free for them. I've searched the answer for you, but I can't get. Sorry :p

      Delete
  7. Great info and knowledge. Though I knew some aspects of your sharing, others were really useful and for me to be aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that's really very informative and thanks for sharing that!! i know know more about HPV.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the information here, it's better safe than sorry ~ and for the boost on my blog c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so glad you did a post about this. it is such an important topic. i like how you tried to be thorough by showing the side effects too. well done karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, your comment make me feel I'm doing the right thing^^ at least someone is noticed my efforts.

      Delete
  11. thanks for the info~ I think I got my gardasil shot about a year ago. It hurt a lot and I had to go back 3 times because the shot is too much to take all at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurt??? yupe, you're right, this injection have to take 3 times separately.

      Delete
  12. I am glad you did a blog post on this. When I was a teenager, those shots didn't exist. I made sure my daughter has been vaccinated and will be protected against any symptoms or this horrible silent cancer.


    Nathalie
    http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

    My first blog Giveaway: http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-see-concours-carte-cadeaux.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks your complement, what a good mother here ^^

      Delete
  13. very helpful information indeed. thank you for sharing :)

    is the vaccination expensive? (my friend beside me-gay, wants to know)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) hmm, normal price for this injection is actually RM300+ / RM330(maybe) per dose. But, I get an offer price which is less than that, because 4 of us are taken this injection at the same time. The more ppl, the cheaper :) wish this information may help your friend ^^

      Delete
  14. I made sure my daughter had the series of immunizations, too...it's certainly worth doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that! another good mother here ^^ *Happy*

      Delete
  15. Very inspiring post!! Let us all fighting cancer! ;)

    Keep inspiring beautiful!

    Love,
    MLU the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very imformative. Many still doesnt know about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is good to know this, as a woman! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! this is such an informative post, it is compulsory in my school to receive Gardasil shorts but I never knew what it was for exactly! Thanks for sharing! xx.
    http://www.blushjewellery.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember getting these shots a few years back. It is SO important for us young women!
    The government here ran some good awareness ads otherwise I wouldn't have known to get them.
    They did hurt a bit, didn't they, since the injection fluid is kept cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, you're right. It's hurt a bit yea, but, I felt it hot rather than cold.

      Delete
  20. It was a painful shot for me but i guess its well worth it. Thank you for dropping by my blog =) NIce meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The vaccine is not cheap....Therefore I am waiting to get the free vaccine from the Gov..hehehe.Hopefully I am eligible for it.

    http://www.inhouseling.com/2012/03/ladies-are-you-protected-on-hpv-vaccine.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. read your blog post about HPV. I think I have missed the newspaper of free vaccine from Gov. Haha. Who know's maybe I can saved for one dose of injection. Thank your infor. ^^

      Delete