Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Marvelous!

I should put my title as "Raptor Watch 2012", but, I'm not going on this year, A.G.A.I.N. I've been missed 3 years if counted this year. How much I wished to join, but, I couldn't. 

C.L.A.S.S. CFP class, I've to attend CFP class on Saturday. 

"Marvelous, Raptor Watch is marvelous!!", Latifah mumbling, telling non-stop. 

"It's only happen once a year, you must go!", Latifah keep on persuading. 

Basically, Raptor Watch is the famous event for all the nature tour guide and nature lover. What is Raptor Watch is not hardly find too, click here, would be find out. 

Well, for those people who lazy like me, here is the only meaning of Raptor Watch, (P/S: I just copy and paste), Just that, by clicking the link you'd found more clearly pictures and galleries of RW. 



What is Raptor Watch?
RW, organised by the Malaysian Nature Society, is a festival to celebrate the return of the migratory birds of prey or better known as raptors on their journey back to their breeding grounds in the northern hemisphere. RW is a public event meant to raise awareness on the conservation of raptors and their habitats.


Migration Period
RW is held annually on the first weekend of March. For the year 2012 the event is held on March 10 & 11 (Saturday & Sunday).
However, the spring raptor migration actually begins in mid February and lasts till mid April. For those who are not able to come to the RW, you can still come anytime within this period to see the birds. Over the years of monitoring, MNS has discovered that the peak period to watch the most number of birds is the first weekend of March.
Despite the scientific data behind it, raptor migration cannot be guaranteed. Nature is unpredictable. A change in wind direction, haze, and rain may deter the birds from flying across leading to a `no bird day’.

Alright, Latifah, who loves to tell me story and I love to listen, too. She felt sorry when I couldn't joined. Because it's marvelous with the raptor migration, how can the raptors know all the way long fly from northern to southeast Asia-Port Dickson@Tangjung Tuan. 
"Marvelous!" from Latifah. 




She is 78 years old lady@@, a volunteer librarian in MNS. Wow wow, don't look at the age, she still able to work with walking stick, yet remember well where all the books places. Seriously, don't messed up with the sequences of books in library, she mads strongly, good memory, huh? She mads for irresponsible people, too, get really mad for people who not return books into library with thousands times call. 

I learn a lot from her, and I don't feeling bored when she's there. The worst thing is she smoked. Not good for the environment yet for her health, too. I stop her every time, but, you know, it's hard to change an aged. "Hey, Latifah why you smoke?" "Move away the insects". Oh, just kill me. 





One more, look at the bottom picture, harh, she bring in one by one every time she's come, hey, by her own. Surprise huh, by an aged. Whoa, of course I helped every time I could. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment